2.02.2013

Loose Curls



 Getting those long {or short} beautiful loose curls is so fast and simple. All you need is a good straightener and a few tips and tricks!

I recently cut my hair to shoulder length, but this will work for long or short hair {short hair may just go faster! Which is what I need these days with two kids who keep me busy :)}

Start off by setting your straightener to the right amount of heat. You may want to test a curl and see how well it curls. My straightener goes up to like 450* but I think that's quite high. I usually lower it a bit and it curls it just fine.

1. Part your hair. You can part it down the middle, the right, the left. I did might slightly off center, it doesn't matter where you do it though.

 2. Take little sections of hair, mine were really not thick at all, maybe an inch wide:



3. Before you start each curl, I always run my straightener down each strand of hair once to get it hot, like you are straightening that piece.
After you have run over it once, grab it up top again and start about two to three inches away from your roots {Or more if you don't want the curls starting so high}and turn the curl away from the mirror {imagine yourself standing in front of a mirror.. which I imagine you all are already doing, if not, props to you for not needing a mirror!} like so:

4. Slowly pull the curl toward the mirror and downward at the same time until the straightener reaches all the way to the bottom. Do this for each section.

After you have gone through majority of the hair you are done! Keep in mind you don't have to do all of it, I actually like having a few sections not curled, especially in the back. I like to tease my hair a little on the sides and spray some hair spray on it, you can do this too if you want!

 Back View

There you have it! Beautiful loose curls. Easy and simple.
Little Missy will even want in on a picture too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment