3.13.2013

All Things St. Patty's Day: Leprechaun Trap!

The little leprechauns have been busy playing tricks at our house! Each day starting at the beginning of this week (since St. Patrick's Day is next Sunday, I wanted to go for a week) I've been doing fun little, tricks, and pranks on my daughter. She LOVES it! Every time the little leprechaun does something she freaks out and says, "We've got to find that leprechaun!" She talks about them all day now and finds random little things like messy shoes {which isn't supposed to be a prank, but that's just normally how the shoes are :)} and says, "Mom! Look what the leprechaun did!" She's fun to do these kinds of things with.

So a few days into the tricks we decided we better catch these little leprechauns! We built up our little leprechaun trap.

 Here's what you'll need:

~An old plastic utensil box
~sticks for the ladder
~hot glue gun
~green paper
~tape
~lucky charms (optional)


I cut out green paper and taped it on all sides of the box. Then I cut a hole in the top of the box. I found a stick and broke it into five tiny pieces for the steps of the ladder. Then made two long pieces for the two sides. I hot glued the tiny pieces on to the two sides.

I also glued some lucky charms on top of the box so we could lure in the little leprechaun.
And Katelyn drew a pot of gold on the front, which made it look even more enticing for that little leprechaun :)

Place your leprechaun trap somewhere good so you can be sure to catch that lil guy!

Happy St. Patty's Day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment