2.21.2013

Fav Recipes: Sugar Cookies!

Wow, this week has been so busy! I was in charge of a luncheon for 80 people. I have never served that many people before, but I did it and I'm glad it's over! This week just has seemed to be super busy. So here is a quick recipe I tried out the other day and fell IN LOVE WITH.

I have looked, far, and wide, and tried, and failed, many SUGAR COOKIES. This is my favorite and I will use it EVERY TIME. Try it out for yourself!

Perfect Sugar Cookies
original recipe from: Make Bake Celebrate 

Ingredients
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 TSP baking powder
  • 1 cup unsalted butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 TSP vanilla extract
Instructions
  1. In a separate bowl whisk together flour and baking powder.
  2. Beat together unsalted butter and sugar. Once mixed well, add in egg. Mix again, then add in vanilla. I like to use my Kitchen aid and dough hook.
  3. Slowly add in flour mixture about a cup at a time. Mix until dough forms and begins to clump together.
  4. Gather up dough and knead it with hands until it's nice and smooth. Roll it into a ball, wrap with plastic wrap, and place in fridge to chill. I like to let min chill about 20-40 minutes. You will want it to be kind of firm but not hard. If it's too hard...just leave it out on the counter for just a little bit until it softens up. Then you can work it a little bit to soften it back up.
  5. Bake at 350, time will depend on cookies size and thickness. Normally between 7-11 minutes.

I even enjoyed eating these plain with no frosting, which is a plus. But add a little pink fluffy frosting on top, and they are TO DIE FOR!
Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment