2.13.2013

Green Spinach Smoothie

I love morning smoothies. Especially because they make me feel like I'm eating something healthy. And, these ones are especially great for my daughter, because they have spinach in them. And let's be honest, my daughter does NOT like vegetables. It doesn't matter whether they are green or orange or red, she won't eat any type of vegetable unless I mash it up real small and hide it in her food. These smoothies however, even if it's green, she can't get enough of! So it helps get some greens in her body with out me fighting every bite.

 The little Mr. even loves it too! He seriously can't get enough of smoothies. Whenever we make them and sit down on the couch to relax and drink them, he is by our side yapping until we give him a sip. He's a cutie!
 Such a cool green color too huh?
 **For those who may not like spinach, {maybe you're like my daughter and hate anything green ;)} you cannot taste the spinach AT ALL. I love spinach either way, but spinach smoothies, taste nothing like spinach, only the delicious fruit that is inside of them.** :)
Pair it off with some delicious eggs and toast and you've got a complete and balanced breakfast!



Green Spinach Smoothie Recipe:

~1 cup frozen fruit {I use frozen fruit from the freezer, we always have frozen fruit, you won't find us w/o it and it's perfect for smoothies.}
~1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
~1/2 cup apple juice, or milk, or almond milk, whatever suits you :) {you can add more to your desired consistency}
~a handful of spinach
~1 tbsp. peanut butter


Blend it all together and you've got a delicious smoothie on hand! Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment