2.12.2013

How To:Doc Mcstuffins Valentine Box

Valentine's day is coming up. I absolutely LOVE valentines day. And since having my daughter THREE years ago, I have always tried to make this day special for my kids and husband and really let them know how much they are loved.

Little Miss K was invited to a Valentine's Day party with friends and they will be exchanging Valentines. So of course the little missy needs a box. I thought long and hard on what to make her. Just stick with an original box with hearts and other LOVE decorations? Or add a little flare with a cartoon or character that she loves? I went with a Character box from a t.v. show she loves. Doc McStuffins. She LOVES the box!

~First I just made  a purse out of a cereal box. I cut out the shape and taped it together with a heavy duty tape.

~Then I traced on colored paper the sides of the box. I glued on the colored paper.

~I made a handle on top also with the cereal box. And covered that with colored paper as well.



~Then I printed out a small picture of Doc McStuffins, colored her in, and cut her out and glued her on the front.

~I used a shoe box for the bottom so she can put her valentines in there.. I was lucky enough to find a purple shoe box that matched the bag perfectly, if not I would have covered it as well with the paper.

~I made little band aids also out of the colored paper and got some cotton balls and taped them on the box.

~I also made a little tool {don't know what it's called, the thing Dr's use to look in the kids' eyes and ears.} And I put that on the box as well.


What kind of box will you be making your kids for Valentine's Day?

I hope you all have a great Valentine's Day and remember you are loved!

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment