5.06.2021

Things to do in Texas, the best roadtrip outfit, and roadtrip games for kids!

 689 Miles to Waco!

We took a BIG Texas trip for Spring break and we hit up just about every part of Texas you can. It was quite the trip and we really enjoyed it, but I don't think we need to visit Texas again for awhile. Haha.

Here are a couple ideas of things you can do in all of the major cities:

San Antonio:

-The riverwalk

-The alamo

-Eat lunch or dinner at the Perler

 

Houston:

-Nasa

-Brazos Bend (this was the kids' favorite! They loved seeing the gators right along the banks)



Dallas and surrounding area:

-Dude Perfect Headquarters (this is just a quick drive by and take a picture thing, but if you know us, you know it had to be done).

-Legoland Discovery Center Dallas/Fort Worth

-Forthworth Stockyards


 

 

We also drove up North from Austin a little and stopped in Waco at the Magnolia Market, a must on my list.

OK now let's talk TRAVELING with kids. It can be rough, but preparation helps a ton! I have traveled solo a few times and learned a few things along the way. I don't love my kids just watching movies the whole time (even though sometimes they do watch a lot, I'm not perfect!), but we do try to do a lot of other activities. 

Some of our favorite games to play in the car are:

Roadtrip scavenger hunt

Roadtrip bingo

The license plate game

Tic tac toe

You can find my roadtrip binder games here AND a printable packing list, which also helps when traveling with kids: Roadtrip binder games


Ok, and the last piece of advice I have for traveling is: COMFORT + STYLE. Not comfort OVER style, but comfort plus style, because I believe you can have both!

Leggings and a cute tee is my go-to travel outfit!

Linking my favorite travel outfit below.



Share with me your travels @danasdailys 

Hope you enjoy!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment